Printer driver trouble

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed May 5 17:35:04 CEST 2004

Do you have "foomatic-datafile" somewhere in your PATH (the print
manager looks in standard locations [aka PATH] + /usr/sbin
+ /usr/local/sbin + /opt/sbin + /opt/local/sbin)? If yes, can you
execute it: look at foomatic-datafile help, and use the driver/printer
pair mentionned in the error message as arguments to the "-d" and
"-p" flags.

To be clearer, if the error message you get is:
[...]Unable to create the Foomatic driver [p1,p2].[...]

then try this command:

foomatic-datafile -t cups -d p2 -p p1

Does it succeed?

Michael.