IBM Infoprint 1120

Marian POPESCU softexpert at libertysurf.fr
Fri Mar 26 21:08:45 CET 2004

Goffioul Michael wrote:

>> Hi,
>> I just bought this printer and I'm struggling to find out a
>> PPD file for it.
>> I must say that, once ghostscript issues solved, I can print
>> with it, but I
>> really want to use it at its full capabilities.
>> Can someone provide me some information about getting /
>> creating a PPD file
>> for this model?
>> I downloaded from IBM a driver package but there are only PDD
>> files, not
>> PPD. On the CD there are NOT PPD files, only a text saying
>> that I should go
>> onto IBM's site.
>
> Creating a PPD file yourself is probably not an option because to
> use the printer at its full capabilities, you'd have to know the
> printer internals. I see 2 possibilities:
> 1) contact IBM support to get the PPD file for your printer
> 2) use the printer in another mode: plain Postscript, PCL6...
>    (of course, you don't get full capabilities)
>
> Michael.
Thanks for replying.
I finally found what I needed.
This is the original link:
ftp://ftp.software.ibm.com/printers/drivers/ip1000/Ms_Cert_Drivers/w11xxmsxp.exe
And this is the info page:
http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=95&context=SRDTTX&q1=psd1*
&uid=psd1P4000337&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en
(this is a single line)

The PPD file is well in the packed archive.

Hope that someone else will find this usefull ...
Marian