IBM Infoprint 1120

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Mar 22 09:05:20 CET 2004

> Hi,
> I just bought this printer and I'm struggling to find out a
> PPD file for it.
> I must say that, once ghostscript issues solved, I can print
> with it, but I
> really want to use it at its full capabilities.
> Can someone provide me some information about getting /
> creating a PPD file
> for this model?
> I downloaded from IBM a driver package but there are only PDD
> files, not
> PPD. On the CD there are NOT PPD files, only a text saying
> that I should go
> onto IBM's site.

Creating a PPD file yourself is probably not an option because to
use the printer at its full capabilities, you'd have to know the
printer internals. I see 2 possibilities:
1) contact IBM support to get the PPD file for your printer
2) use the printer in another mode: plain Postscript, PCL6...
   (of course, you don't get full capabilities)