list fax numbers

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Mar 4 17:27:23 CET 2004

> Hello,
>
> I need to send faxes by group : one file, several fax numbers.
> The kdeprintfax tool allow several files, one fax number.
>
> Questions
> ---------
>
> 1) Is it in the TODO list (I think not)?

No.

> 2) Is it difficult to program (how many time)?
>    I can try to program it, where is main()? :-)

It's not *very* difficult, but it would requires some changes
in the code at various places, because the current code assumes
there's only 1 fax to send. If you are willing to do it, I'll
welcome your patch (I can help you, of course).
Note that for more advanced fax features, you may have a look
at the other fax interface KSendFax, but I don't know if it
provides what you want.

> 3) Can the numbers be chosen from a LDAP server?

kdeprintfax relies on the KDE standard addressbook, so the
question is to make your LDAP server available through the
KDE addressbook (by adding the appropriate LDAP resource),
and that the bridge KABC<->LDAP also takes into account fax
numbers (I don't know if it's the case).