Totally odd kde vs print problem

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Tue Jun 29 02:58:21 CEST 2004

On Monday 28 June 2004 18:06, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:

Damn, I hit the wrong button and got send instead of insert file. :(
>> Greetings;
>>
>> I've searched the archives for anything that might be related to
>> my problem and have come up blank.  So I'm gonna hit you all with
>> a big one because I can't get any closer to it than whats below
>> without crashing major hunks of kde, like the toolbar at the
>> bottom of the screen.
>>
>> Here is the outline:
>>
>> kernel=2.6.7-rc3-mm2, subject to change, doesn't seem to effect
>> this
>>
>> Machine is an RH8 install, updated to FC1.
>>
>> The kde install is a konstruct built install of kde3.2.3,
>> installed in /root/kde3.2.3 with all env paths set accordingly (I
>> think)
>>
>> cups etc is all hand built, and I have 4 printers defined in cups,
>
>Try to move away these two files:
>
>   $KDEDIR/share/config/kdeprintrc
>   $KDEDIR/share/config/kprinterrc
>
>and see if that cures the problem (the files are re-created
>by KDEPrint with default values). If so, please post their
>contents for further investigation.
>
>Cheers,
>Kurt

And here is the contents of kprinterrc:
[KFileDialog Settings]
Automatic Preview=true
Preview Size=60
Recent
Files=/root/12D50303d01.pdf,/root/2604_manual.pdf,/usr/local/var/amanda/DailySet1/20030301.ps,/usr/local/var/amanda/DailySet1/20030228.ps
ShowPreviews=false
ViewMode=SmallColumns

[KFileDialog Speedbar]
Speedbar IconSize=32

[KPrinter Settings]
ApplicationOptions=
DialogReduced=false
PrintCommand=
Printer=lp2

Which I suspect isn't a very bright light for this either.