erratic printing from acroread

Maf. King maf at chilwell.net
Fri Jul 2 17:54:55 CEST 2004

On Friday 02 Jul 2004 15:26, Kurt Pfeifle wrote:
> Maf. King wrote:
> > I'm now off to adobe to file a bug report for acroread.
> >
> > Just for the record, trying to print just page 15 from my 18-page test
> > doc. produces no output at all...
>
> Looks very much like a problematic PDF file.
>
> Which app produced it?
> What does the "Document Info..." have to say about it?

The file was sent to me by a customer, produced by MS Word (don't know which
version, would guess XP) via Distiller 5.

> Does the page print under Windows?

Don't know. Don't have a windows box to try with.
(That felt good to write! - I guess my migration is complete.)

> Does the document display correctly in acroread as well as gv?
> (gv can also display PDFs, should you not know this...)

acroread _displays_ this file fine.  I am having a problem printing it.  The
Original Poster also had problems printing, using a similar system to me.  I
contributed to the thread because I was annoyed by the (now fixed, thanks!)
dialog box issue.  ps2pdf produces a full 18-page ps file, so GS is clearly
fine with the file. (don't have gv on my system.  gs or kghostview only)

I just happened to randomly pick that file for testing (it was on my desktop),
issue, and discovered a printing problem by chance. I haven't needed to print
PDFs very often, and when I have, they are usually single or two pages only.
I haven't been able to reproduce the problem with another multi-page PDF that
I have sitting around on my disks.  Andreas (The OP) may be better able to
elaborate on the whys and hows of what acroread can & can't print.

> Cheers,
> Kurt

Best Regards,
Maf.