fonts for printing?

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jul 1 22:38:30 CEST 2004

Greetings;

kde 3.2.3, konstruct built.  And printing from kde is now possible,
and older version of cups was the culprit.

I just went thru the motions of setting kwrite to a much smaller font
for printing that I normally use for screen display as the screen
here is 1600x1200x32 bit.

Unforch, when I hit print, the fonts reverted to 24pt, and its going
to take 78 pages of 24 lb to print the nvidia.txt download.  It
shoulda been maybe 10 pages on paper.  This is a huge waste of both
paper and ink because every line is wrapped well into the next line
on the paper, with fonts >1/4" tall, even the row of dashes for
paragraph seperators is wrapped around by 3".

How can I make the selected 8 pt font 'stick' for printing without
using it for the display too, which shrinks the text to unreadable
lines about 2.6" long on my screen?

TIA.

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.