Font problems, unable to print

Jaakko H Kyro jkyro at pp.htv.fi
Fri Feb 27 14:46:31 CET 2004

On Friday 27 February 2004 14:08, Goffioul Michael wrote:
> Well, this is not really printing-related, because it appears
> ghostscript installation got broken when you installed your additional
> esstix font.

Exactly.

> As most printer drivers relies on ghostscript to
> perform the PS->printer-language conversion, it's normal that
> printing doesn't work anymore. But the actual problem is ghostscript
> not able to find any font anymore.
> Which tool did you use to install your esstix font?

The KDE Control Panel's font installer. Installed the fonts as root.

It'll be the last time I use graphical frontend for anything that requires
root privileges. :)

> If you installed the new font as normal user, do you still have the
> problem when logged in as another user (== maybe the problem from
> your user-specific config files)?

I only have one account on this machine in addition to the root account and I
get the same results running gs as root too. This problem might be
Fedora-specific, but their list didn't produce anything.

--
Jaakko Kyrö