Printing locking up after update

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Fri Feb 20 15:14:48 CET 2004

> Hi,
>
> just updated to KDE 3.2 and got into trouble with printing
> not working.
> The symptoms are:
> Pressing the print button in either konqueror or kmail (haven't
> tested any other app.) will give me the popup with "Printing...", then
> nothing happens. The process will eat up more and more memory
> and use up
> all CPU it can get. There is no response from cancel et al.
> Killing the invoking process cannot be done but with a kill -9.
> Seems to me like the rendering goes astray.
> Tried running it through gdb, but strangely enough got different stack
> frames everytime I ctrl-C:ed the process, exactly like it
> would have worked
> OK????.

There haven't been significant code change in KDEPrint that would
explain the problem. Maybe this is due to some changes in other
involved components: khtml or Qt. The problem is probably an
endless-loop somewhere (don't know however if it's in kdeprint
or khtml). Could you at least provide one significant backtrace
(one with actual function calls, not "???") with gdb when konqueror
locks up?