Kprinter problem with some fonts

Neil Williams neil at metamedia.uk.com
Tue Feb 3 12:54:00 CET 2004

Hi

I am using KDE 3.1.4 on a SuSe 8.2 system. I am having problems printing
to a HP LaserJet 5000 with Kprinter but not when printing directly from
OpenOffice or Acrobat Reader.

I have installed the Microsoft fonts and when I use these (e.g. Verdana)
the fonts are not printed as expected. The most annoying issue is a thin
horizontal line above some characters.

I have tested with a PDF file. On screen everything looks fine. From
Acrobat it prints OK but from KGhostview via Kprinter I get thin
horizontal lines on some characters. Comparing both printed documents
the characters seem to be the same set and size. However, the spacing is
definately different.

If my description of the problem is unclear I can supply a scanned image
to illustrate.

Any help will be greatly appreciated. Please reply directly to me as I
have not subscribed to the kde-print list.

Best Regards

Neil
--
Dr Neil Williams