kprinter polling

Frank Siegert hugelmopf at vodafone.de
Wed Dec 1 23:42:47 CET 2004

Am Mittwoch 01 Dezember 2004 20:14 schrieb Kurt Pfeifle:
> Are you sure you looked into the *correct* kdeprintrc and kprinterrc ??
> And not an old one, which is't used any more? (See, sometimes an upgrad
> from KDE-2.x to KDE-3.x may leave over the old $HOME/.kde directory and
> the new $KDEHOME may be now named $HOME/.kde3....)
I found the following files:
 ~/.kde/share/config/kdeprintrc:
  [$Version]
  update_info=kdeprintrc.upd:kde-3.1-toolbar
  [Jobs]
  Size=550,250

 ~/.kde/share/config/kprinterrc
  [KPrinter Settings]
  ApplicationOptions=
  DialogReduced=true
  PrintCommand=
  Printer=HPLaserjet5L

 /opt/kde/share/config/kdeprintrc
  [General]
  PrintSystem=cups
  Orientation=1
  ViewType=1
  ViewToolBar=false
  ViewMenuBar=true
  ViewPrinterInfos=true

There is no ~/.kde3 or similar directory.

> Next, try to start kprinter from a konsole window and see if you
> get any output on stdout (may not be the case, if stripped of all
> debugging symbols).
No output, although it is checkboxed in top secret k&d%e/b=u?g!d§i"a(l$o)g.

> Then, you could try to run it under "strace" from console.
There is a lot of output and I don't have the time tonight to analyze it. If
the above doesn't give you any new hints, I'll just get back to you when I
have looked at the strace output.

Thanks again for your patience,
Frank