install a ppd

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Mon Nov 24 16:30:11 CET 2003

> hi *
>
> i've a new LaserJet 2500n (color laser printer) configuring
> cups via web
> i can't find the right name i can find 1220 2100 3200 but no
> 2500, ive a
> .ppd file for Mac OS X how to install it ona linux box to use this
> printer ?

Try to put your PPD file in /usr/share/cups/models/ and restart
the CUPS server. Then try again to configure the printer, you
should see the driver.

Otherwise, your printer understand PCL6, PCL5c and PS.
Giving the fact that it's a color laser printer, Till
should be able to tell you which replacement printer to
use (assuming you're also using Foomatic). Till?
I guess the easiest is to use a generic PS printer
driver in this case.