LPR support

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Mon Nov 24 04:35:05 CET 2003

So, I joined the LPRng list and will have to debug my setup.

I find that if the printer database file {printerdb) is formated correctly (this parser
needs a little work) that I can setup a printer with the Wizard in the Control Center.

This works with LPRngTool, but it simply ignores PrintTool's "printerdb" file.

If I can get LPRng to work and now that it isn't considered to be part of RedHat (even the
KDE Print documentation lists it as a RedHat application).  I will work on LPRng and
simply abandon LPR support for now.

--
JRT