HELP WANTED: kdeprint with GNUlpr

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Sun Nov 23 01:01:39 CET 2003

Till Kamppeter wrote:
> James Richard Tyrer wrote:

>> But, I can see some things that might help.  For me, the question is
>> can it allow me to set the printer resolution without having to have
>> separate printer instances for each resolution?
>

> Yes:
>
> LPRng:
>
>    lpr -P printer -Z Resolution=1200dpi file.ps
>
> CUPS or GNUlpr:
>
>    lpr -P printer -o Resolution=1200dpi file.ps

In this context, saying that you have to resort to the command line is the same as saying
'NO'.  With GNUlpr, you can use the 'gpr' command for your print command and the widget
pops up where you can set this stuff.

But, the KDE GUI interface should do this.  And, it should be able to do this without
foomatic.

After installing, my first problem is that I can't get my old Epson 24 pin to work.

--
JRT