question about printing to postscript printers

John Bleichert syborg at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 19 17:32:44 CET 2003

On Wed, 19 Nov 2003, Goffioul Michael wrote:

> You're missing the postscript.ppd file shipped with KDE.
> You can find on http://webcvs.kde.org (see attached file
> for exact address). This used to be missing in some KDE
> versions, but it has been restored since 3.2-alpha.
> Alternativaly, foomatic also includes a Postscript driver:
> see in the "Generic" manufacturer item, in the add printer
> wizard.
>
> Michael.

Ahah! thanks for the pointer. I still get an error when selecting the
"Postscript Printer" checkbox but there is now a postscript printer option
under Generic. Haven't gotten anything to the printer yet, but this is a
significant step forward (jobs just sit in the queue, will look into it
this afternoon).

Here's a snap of the error, fyi:

http://vonbek.dhs.org/kdeprint-err.jpg

Thanks for the info!!