Need help to fix bug with RenameDlg not checking name existance

Friedrich W. H. Kossebau Friedrich.W.H at Kossebau.de
Sat Nov 15 17:44:38 CET 2003

Am Freitag, 14. November 2003 17:10 schrieb Friedrich W. H. Kossebau:
> 1. Create some files in your home dir:
>  $ touch print.ps; touch print_1.ps; touch print_2.ps
> 2. Open a file in Kate and reach for the printing dialog
> 3. Select "print to file": default is ~/print.ps
> 4. Click "Ok"
> 5. Smart printer dialog detects there already is such a file
>    and calls for the RenameDlg.
> 6. Click "Suggest" button and get a new name proposed: "print_1.ps"
> 7. Click "Rename" which is now activated.
> 8. Lucky you. Get your existing "print_1.ps" overwritten, without any
> warning. 9. Help me.
>
> Problem 1: There is no check whether the filename returned from RenameDlg
> is already existing when "Rename" was selected.

Attached patch solves problem 1 by adding a loop in case of the rename button
pressed.

Please review (and commit if you like)

Friedrich

PS: Still I think the rename dialog to be a little bit broken. I will fill a
bug report for the dumb propose feature at least (its not my code and I don't
oversee its' usages in the kio field...)