CUPS printing and faxing problem (resend-2)

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Fri May 16 19:48:25 CEST 2003

Hi Michael,

On Fri, 2003-05-16 at 16:51, Michael Goffioul wrote:
- snip -

> This means that:
> - either CUPS server is not running. Check with "ps -ef" if you
>   have a "cupsd" entry

"cupsd" not found

Also tried
http://127.0.0.1:631

Alert warning popup
The connection was refused when attempting to contact 127.0.0.1:631

> - or it is configured such that noone can access it (this is less
>   probable). If CUPS server is running, check the configuration
>   file /etc/cups/cupsd.conf.
>
> > e) Print System currently used - select "Print through an external
> > program (generic)"  Printer Name=PS_printer -> Print
> >
> > f) Catastrophe! - KNotity
> > A print error occurred.  Error message received from system
> > Empty print command
>
> As the name says, you have to enter the print command manually in the
> corresponding edit field in the print dialog.

Sorry I don't catch.  I was not allowed to edit in "Printer Name" box
nor in "Print System currently used" box

- snip -
> > /var/log/messages  is attached hereto
>
> I meant the log messages from kdeprintfax. Use the menu entry:
> Fax -> View Log

Tried again

View Log
kdeprintfax
Usage: anytops [-m <filters> ] [ --mime=<mime-type> ][ --help ] <infile>
<outfile>

B.Regards
Stephen