CUPS printing and faxing problem

Stephen Liu satimis at icare.com.hk
Thu May 15 00:18:06 CEST 2003

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your advice.

I found following URL which may be relevant to my case;

http://www.jennings.homelinux.net/fax_cups.html

I followed its "KDEprintfax Configuration" to configure Kdeprinter

KStart -> Extras -> Accessories -> Send a Fax -> Settings -> Configure
KdeprintFax

Personal (Personal settings)
Name : (root)
Company and Number : (leave blank)

Fax (Fax settings)
Fax/Modem device: (Standard Modem Port)
Resolution: (High (204x196 dpi))
Pager size :  (A4)

System (Fax system selection)
check - Use EFax system

Filters (Filters configuration)
untouched

click OK

On terminal window
As ROOT
# echo ath1 > /dev/modem
# echo ath0 > /dev/modem
(no response)

kppp is still working fine.

I also checked /dev/serial_port#0 and /dev/serial_port#1  with the same
result.

Kindly advise what mistake I have committed.

Thanks

B.Regards
Stephen