CUPS printing and faxing problem

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Wed May 14 10:52:50 CEST 2003

Stephen Liu wrote:

> Hi all folks,
>
> I have problem in starting CUPS
>
> RH8.0
> OO 1.0.1
> Internal Modem
> KDE desktop
> ==============
>
> As ROOT
>
> # cups

"cups" is not a command, it's a system. To test your cups installation,
try to print a PostScript file using the "lpr" utility.

> >From OpenOffice.1.0.1 print command, I could start CUP -> Send-to-Fax.
> But the document could not be sent with a warning popup indicting CUP
> not properly setup/config.

If the fax interface you're using is kdeprintfax (usually, you can
discover some info about the current program by using the menu entries
"Help -> About..."), then open the log window and give us at least the
exact message you're getting.

Tell us also what KDE version you're using (again, you can find it
in the About box of any KDE program).

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM
This e-mail and/or its attachments may contain confidential
information.  It is intended solely for the intended addressee(s).
Any use of the information contained herein by other persons is
prohibited.  IMEC vzw does not accept any liability for the contents
of this e-mail and/or its attachments.