[gentoo-user] KDE3.1.1 problems

Josh Berkus kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 14:03:36 -0800

Mike,

> I have nmow noticed more problems with my kde3.1.1 ebuild on my laptop.=
=20
> Reference my message regarding kprinter, it will now start the cups ser=
ver=20
> but then segfaults (or just dissapears). Open Office prints fine going =
to=20
teh=20
> same cups printers, just kprint problem. I also noticed today that Kwor=
d=20
will=20
> not even list .doc files, and when I select them it just errors out, wh=
ile=20
> the same instalation using the same sources on my desktop works fine wi=
th=20
> both regards.
> Any one else having these problems?

Yes.   I've found that 3.0.4 is broken with CUPS network printing on my S=
uSE=20
laptop.   However, I posted that 2 weeks ago and didn't get a response; I=
=20
suspect that the kdeprint developers are on vacation or something.

--=20
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions
 San Francisco