[gentoo-user] KDE3.1.1 problems

Michael W. Holdeman kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:53:58 -0500

I have nmow noticed more problems with my kde3.1.1 ebuild on my laptop.
Reference my message regarding kprinter, it will now start the cups server
but then segfaults (or just dissapears). Open Office prints fine going to teh
same cups printers, just kprint problem. I also noticed today that Kword will
not even list .doc files, and when I select them it just errors out, while
the same instalation using the same sources on my desktop works fine with
both regards.
Any one else having these problems?
Theonly difference I can find are in my make.conf
Laptop has
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O3 -pipe -fforce-addr -fomit-frame-pointer -funroll-loops
-frerun-loop-opt -frerun-cse-after-loop"

while the desktop has nothing, but on desktop the make.conf.build has
CFLAGS="-march=i686 -O3 -pipe"

I saw something on teh forums that stated that kdeprint 3.0.4 was broken with
the -funroll-loops option, but can't see if there is a fix, or if this still
applies to 3.1.1. If so what do I have to emerge again after deleating my
opts.

HELP!!

Mike
--