kmail uses letter for a print on a4

Herbert Engelmann Herbert.Engelmann at lrz-muenchen.de
Thu Jul 10 16:59:24 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have on the client:

SuSE 8.1
KDE 3.1
cups 1.1.15

and on the remote server:

SuSE 8.2
KDE 3.1.1
cups 1.1.18

the printer:

Ricoh Aficio AP4500 (does postscript, no ghostscript involved here)

When I print from kmail (or konqueror) on the client via
the local cups server, the pages are correctly formatted
and printed on DIN A4.

But when I print via the remote server the pages are formatted as if
the pages are letter instead of A4. The lines are all cut off at the
beginning.

I looked everywhere I can think of for the right place to configure
for DIN A4, but to no avail, default is everywhere defined as A4.
The ppds are exactly the same on client and server.

What can I do?

Regards

Herbert Engelmann
H. Engelmann, 089-289-28836, engelmann at lrz.de