No "Driver Settings" tab in print dialogue

Bruce bestb at sympatico.ca
Tue Jul 8 12:41:04 CEST 2003

I am running current Debian unstable, with KDE 3.1.2, using CUPS. When I
print to my Epson C40-UX, there is no "Driver Settings" tab in the
properties dialogue, which means I can't change the paper type or print
resolution on a per-job basis.

>From looking at the KDEPrint homepage, this would appear to indicate that
the PPD file doesn't include this type of information. However, I can
change these things if I change the global driver settings for the printer
in KControl Centre.

I recall that some time ago (KDE 3.0?) the driver settings tab was there
for this printer.

Shouldn't there be a driver settings tab in the kprinter dialogue as well?
What could cause it to not show up? Could it be that something has changed
with the PPD file for this printer?

Thanks,

Bruce