Patch or App. to allow Print Preview of Selected Area?

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 15:48:27 +0100

> Good suggestion.
>
> Print previews are not implemented in spoolers or drivers, but in
> applications (web browser, office suites, ...) or desktop environments
> (KDE, GNOME). So I suggest to post this on the mailing lists of
> applications and desktop environments.

This is to be implemented at application-level, I guess. Indeed, only
the application is reponsible for the print content, this cannot be
handled at KDEPrint level directly (I'm talking about a "print
selection only" feature). Now, within KDEPrint there's still a
possibility to print only some pages. There's still some
inconsistencies about what's being shown and what's being printed
(I hope to fix that in future releases), but what you still can do
is do it in 2 stages:
1) preview only, and check which pages you need
2) print only the pages you need.

Michael.