Cannot print from KDE applications

Smitty kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:40:38 -0500

Thank you Mike and Till.  I did make the amendments to the
/etc/cups/cups.conf_new file as suggested.  (In suse the cups.conf file is a
template) I did not see anything in the file that would have prevented cups
from printing.   What I did this time was wait and see if kde would print.
Before, if it did not print quickly, I would kill the app.  After clicking
print, it took about 1½ minutes for the print window to come up and then
after clicking print, it took about 3 minutes until the data was dumped to
the printer.
Could this be a process priority issue with a kde printing binary?
If so, how would I correct it?
Regards,
Smitty