CUPS accounting and IPP

Nicolas AUFFRAY nauffray at rennes.jouve.fr
Tue Aug 19 12:09:11 CEST 2003

Hi,

I'm working on installing a CUPS Server with Samba as a print server for
my enterprise. We have about 60 computers for many with Windows NT4 and
2000 and few with linux. The way is to install many more linux instead
of Windows. Great !

But, obligation to make accounting is required. As I see each job is
save in an IPP report which is not deleted as I mark the Job History
preserverd or something like that.
So, I would like to know is a software which make web reports using IPP
reports and/or the cups page_log ?

The best would be to have one which make reports for both or two
softwares for the each one. I think using both could make better
accounting since I see some jobs not reporting in page_log but just on
an IPP report.

The only I found is Lire from LogReport.org but it only used page_log
file.

Regards,
Nicolas AUFFRAY

--
Nicolas AUFFRAY
Systmes & Rseaux Jouve Rennes

Jouve Rennes
12, rue des Landelles
Immeuble Hercule II
35510 CESSON SEVIGNE
FRANCE

Tl : 02.99.86.98.13
Fax : 02.99.86.98.01
Email : nauffray at jouve.fr <mailto:nauffray at jouve.fr>

Le prsent mail ainsi que toutes les informations qu'il contient ne peuvent en aucun cas tre considrs comme un engagement juridique de quelque nature que ce soit de JOUVE. Tout accord devra tre formul par crit papier ultrieur sign par un reprsentant lgal de JOUVE. Par ailleurs, si vous recevez ce mail par erreur, merci de nous le signaler et de le dtruire ainsi que l'intgralit du document qui pourrait y tre joint.

The present email and all information included therein do not constitute a legal agreement accorded by JOUVE. All legal agreements must be formulated in writing on paper by a legal representative of JOUVE. If you have received this mail by mistake, please inform us of that fact and destroy the email and any documents it might contain. Thank you for your cooperation.