IPP Report in KJobViewer

Michael Goffioul goffioul at imec.be
Thu Aug 14 14:58:58 CEST 2003

Michael Kirchhof wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using cups and everything works fine. Just the status reports are not as
> good as they could. While the add printer wizard offers an up-to-date ipp
> report of printer status (e.g. paper empty, door open), the JobViewer tells
> just "Processing...". Is anything like that planned?

These are not the same IPP report, moreover I guess they are
not addressed to the same entity. In the wizard, you probably
selected an IPP printer, then the IPP report is obtained by
sending a request directly to the printer, not the local CUPS
server.
In the job viewer, you request the job status by sending the
appropriate request to the local CUPS server (which is in
charge of the job spooling).
So these are 2 completely different requests, hence they
might have different results:
1) IPP_GET_PRINTER_ATTRIBUTES -> printer
2) IPP_GET_JOB_ATTRIBUTES -> local CUPS server

So if the job report is not what you expect, this is something
to be addressed in the entity that is requested by kdeprint,
in this case the local CUPS server. KDEPrint just send a request
and shows you the result. Nothing more.
Did you try to get an IPP report of the printer from the
print manager (right-click -> IPP Report). Do you get satisfying
info?

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul at imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM