kprint from WordPerfect Office 2000??

Kurt Pfeifle kde-print@mail.kde.org
Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:44:48 +0200

Bruce Best (CRO) wrote:
> I see the printing.kde.org page suggests that "kprinter" can be used with a
> number of non-KDE applications; from
> http://printing.kde.org/overview/kprinter.phtml:
>
> "Using kprinter for non-KDE applications
> So you start to like kprinter so much that you want to use it in non-KDE
> applications too? To setup kprinter as your favourite print command for any
> third party program, just find out if and where you can change its
> pre-configured "print command". The power of KDEPrint is not limited for use
> within KDE only. The external program must just allow for a configurable
> print command. StarOffice, OpenOffice, WordPerfect 2000, Netscape, Mozilla,
> Galeon, Acrobat Reader, gv and all GNOME applications are known to work with
> kprinter."

Bruce,

I am the author of this sentence. I have made or seen all the other named apps
work. The WordPerfect 2000 example was told by someone in an e-Mail (I can't
remember which).

I don't use or have WordPerfect 2000. Therefor I can't tell you out of hand
how to do this.

> I have been able to successfully set up Mozilla, Netscape, and Acrobat to
> print using "kprinter --stdin", and it works great. However, I can't figure
> out how to do the same for WordPerfect Office 2000 - there doesn't seem to
> be anywhere to change the print command. I just get the "system default dot
> matrix printer", and I believe another listing that refers to wine.

Can you grep for the string(s) "system default dot matrix printer" on all you
WordPerfect installation or dot-dirs? This way you may find the file where this
one (and other settings) are stored)...

[ If you find, could you please kindly tell us for inclusion in future
   documentation? ]

> I assume I'm missing something, as it seems from the above page that someone
> has got this to work....
>
> I am running KDE 3.0.3 on a Debian 3.0 system, with WP Office Deluxe. I have
> cupsys-bsd installed as well (thinking that might help).
>
> Any solution much appreciated,
>
> [note: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me with any responses]
>
> Bruce

Cheers,
Kurt