kprint from WordPerfect Office 2000??

Bruce Best (CRO) kde-print@mail.kde.org
Wed, 2 Oct 2002 09:21:04 -0400

I see the printing.kde.org page suggests that "kprinter" can be used with a
number of non-KDE applications; from
http://printing.kde.org/overview/kprinter.phtml:

"Using kprinter for non-KDE applications
So you start to like kprinter so much that you want to use it in non-KDE
applications too? To setup kprinter as your favourite print command for any
third party program, just find out if and where you can change its
pre-configured "print command". The power of KDEPrint is not limited for use
within KDE only. The external program must just allow for a configurable
print command. StarOffice, OpenOffice, WordPerfect 2000, Netscape, Mozilla,
Galeon, Acrobat Reader, gv and all GNOME applications are known to work with
kprinter."

I have been able to successfully set up Mozilla, Netscape, and Acrobat to
print using "kprinter --stdin", and it works great. However, I can't figure
out how to do the same for WordPerfect Office 2000 - there doesn't seem to
be anywhere to change the print command. I just get the "system default dot
matrix printer", and I believe another listing that refers to wine.

I assume I'm missing something, as it seems from the above page that someone
has got this to work....

I am running KDE 3.0.3 on a Debian 3.0 system, with WP Office Deluxe. I have
cupsys-bsd installed as well (thinking that might help).

Any solution much appreciated,

[note: I'm not subscribed to the list, so please cc me with any responses]

Bruce