[Fwd: Re: Printer or LAN]

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 18:09:54 +0100

I anybody has an idea...
It sounds like a network configuration problem using dhcp. Quite
Off-topic, but maybe someone has an idea.

Michael.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Printer or LAN
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2002 05:15:47 -0600
From: "Joan Mullens" <joanmullens@charter.net>
To: "Michael Goffioul" <goffioul@imec.be>

Hi
Thanks for responding.

OK with auto dhcp on my prompt is:
[root@dhcp-159-13 root]#
I typed: lpr -PHP file.ps
It replied: Get_local_host: host name 'dhcp-159-13' bad

With auto dhcp off and also auto dns off I reboot and my prompt is:
[root@localhost root]#
I typed: lpr -PHP file.ps
It replied: Warning -Cannot open file 'file.ps'. No such file or directory
HP: nothing to print

Now it will print test page in printconf.gui and prints from icon and file
command in normal window but I can't manually set the LAN to work but I have
good signal strenghth coming in.

Thanks
Joan