Printer or LAN

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Tue, 05 Nov 2002 10:18:16 +0100

Can you print using the command-line utility "lpr" in both situations.
Step-by-step:
1) generate or get a PostScript (.ps) file, let's call it "file.ps"
2) turn on auto dhcp and print the file: lpr -PHP file.ps
3) turn off auto dhcp and print again: lpr -PHP file.ps

Does it work in both cases?

Michael.

> Joan Mullens wrote:
>
> Hi
> I'm new to Linux just recently installed RedHat 7.2 with KDE.  I'm on
> a LAN through Charter Communications cable broadband.  My problem is
> if I let it auto dhcp then I can't print.  If I leave the auto dhcp
> off I can print fine but cannot set up LAN connection.  The printer
> error I get when LAN works is:
> /usr/bin/lpr-P'HP''_#1
>
> /root/.kde/tmp-dhcp-159-13/kdeprint_a/Oise5.
> The printer is HP DeskJet 820cxi but does the same thing with my NEC
> 870.
>
> If you know what to do remember I'm new so explain in simple step by
> step.
> Thanks
> Joan
>
> 940-497-8159
> joanmullens@charter.net

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM