[Cups-user] client-error-gone

Paolo Ariano kde-print@mail.kde.org
19 Dec 2002 10:24:38 +0100

Il mer, 2002-12-18 alle 16:45, Michael Goffioul ha scritto:
> > Using localhost:631 and trying to delete a printer or doing other thing
> > the answer is always:
> >
> > client-error-gone
>
> You should check the URI that CUPS is using in the file
> /etc/cups/printers.conf, to see if it's still correct.
> Post your questions on kde-print@kde.org instead of cups-user,
> which is almost dead.

yes the URI in /etc/cups/printers.conf is correct as is the same that i
used to print with smbspool, the problem that i don't undersand is that
in the web page of cups i find 5 printers: 3 are ok and i can print on
but are not of my workgroup and are under macosX, the other two printers
are under win2000, if i try to click "start printer" or "delete printer"
(one of them is broken so i'd like to erase it) the answer is always:

client-error-gone

the printer that exist:

Printer State: stopped, accepting jobs.
"Unable to connect to SAMBA host, trying next printer...: No route to
host"
Device URI: smb://fisiologia/Lovisolo/Epson850

the broken printer that is not connected to the computer:

Location: Location Unknown
Printer State: stopped, rejecting jobs.

thanks a lot, i'm trying to debug by myself but i don't understand where
is the bug.

paolo

--
Paolo Ariano
Neuroscience PhD Student

Meglio un professore povero che un asino ricco -- Meo

For your security, this mail has been scanned and protected by Inflex