Poster functionality in kprinter?

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Mon, 09 Dec 2002 10:38:50 +0100

> Hi... I've read the post here:
>
> http://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kde-print/2002-October/000095.html
>
> That tells how to use kprinter with the 'poster' application. The
> problem is, I don't seem to even see the 'poster' tab. When I run
> 'poster' directly on an EPS document (produced by gimp) it just produces
> a mess with little slivers of the image on the left side of the page.

For "Poster"-tab to appear in the printer properties dialog you need:
- KDE-3.1 (it's not in 3.0.x)
- poster utility as downloaded from http://printing.kde.org/downloads
- "poster" executable accessible through your PATH variable

Second point is that I never tried the "poster" utility on EPS
generated by gimp, so I don't know where the fault is to be found.
Could anybody with a running poster setup make the test for me?
(I'm not running Linux these days).

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM