question about using enscript filter

Xavier Vilà kde-print@mail.kde.org
Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:34:45 -0100

Well, that worked out just fine ! Thanks a lot.
Now...I wonder... What's the point of making the enscript available in the
printing dialog on all the KDE applications if it can't be used ??

anyway, thanks again since now I can get what I was looking for

xavi

> That's because kate (KDevelope use the kate part, so it's basically the=

same)
> doesnt' send text to the print queue, but PS. You don't have syntax
highlighting
> because kate does not print with syntax highlighting, but it's a kate i=
ssue.
> In other words, you can't use the enscript filter with kate. Be aware t=
hat
> almost all KDE applications procudes PS, so you can't use enscript filt=
er
with
> them.
> However, you can use enscript filter when using krinter with a text fil=
e,
like
> in: "kprinter mysource.cpp".

> Bye.
> Michael.

Xavier Vila                                   Voice  34-93-581 2191 (of.)
Dept. Economia i Ha. Economica               34-93-592 0782 (h.)
Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona
08193-Bellaterra(Barcelona)           FAX 34-93-581 2012 (of.)
SPAIN                                                  34-93-592 0782 (h.)

e-mail:     Xavier.Vila@uab.es

"Ils sont fous ces romains !"  (Asterix le Gaulois, 50 A.C.)