question about using enscript filter

Michael Goffioul kde-print@mail.kde.org
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 16:07:23 +0200

Xavier Vilà wrote:

> Hi:
>         For more than I browse on the kprint documentation I do not find the way to
> make the enscript filter to work
>         Every time I invoke the enscript filter I get the same error pop up:
>
> The MIME type application/postscript is not supported as input of the filter
> chain (this may happen with non-CUPS spoolers when performing page selection
> on a non-PostScript file). Do you want KDE to convert the file to a supported
> format?</p>

What are trying to do exactly? (which context, which application, which
print
content). The enscript filter can only be applied on text files, not on
PS file.
The error message you get simply tells you you're trying to apply the
enscript
filter to an unsupported input file format.

Michael Goffioul		IMEC-DESICS-MIRA
e-mail: goffioul@imec.be	(Mixed-Signal and RF Applications)
Tel:    +32/16/28-8510		Kapeldreef, 75
Fax:    +32/16/28-1515		3001 HEVERLEE, BELGIUM