[Kde-print-devel] [GSoC2007 openprinting.org] Update 21 July 2007

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Sat Jul 21 17:01:23 CEST 2007

On 20 July 2007 21:15, Gavin Beatty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> More work on how to represent the data. I've attached a screenshot of the
> bare bones implementation that I have at the moment. It is informative but
> alas, not pretty or particularly easy to cross-reference etc.
>
> Any suggestions?

Things are progressing great.

1) the filtering is case sensitive. "ricoh" doesn't give any result. "Ricoh"
does.

2) I believe that you can use a tree selector in the left side of the window,
containing make/model, but put a database-like form in the right side, with
the other details and with a listbox containing all drivers.

3) the dialog crashes sometimes when hitting back and sometimes when hitting
cancel in the second page. I didn't get the backtrace yet.

4) if no result is yelded by the search, a fake entry in the tree should be
added, stating "nothign found" or such.

5) a statusbar in the dialog should give feedback on the progression of the
connection between the time the second page of the wizard is open and the
first results are displayed. Alternatively/concurently, you could add entries
to the tree progressively, as soon as they get parsed, not waiting for all to
be parsed.

Thanks for the great work!

--
Cristian Tibirna