[Kde-print-devel] [GSoC2007 openprinting.org] Update 21 July 2007

Alex Merry huntedhacker at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Jul 21 15:05:06 CEST 2007

On Saturday 21 Jul 2007, Gavin Beatty wrote:
> Hello,
>
> More work on how to represent the data. I've attached a screenshot of
> the bare bones implementation that I have at the moment. It is
> informative but alas, not pretty or particularly easy to
> cross-reference etc.
>
> Any suggestions?

I think you should at least have the Make concatenated with the Model
the most obvious thing in the list.

For example, having the top-level value in the list be "Epson
ActionLaser 1100" for the list given would be good.  After all, that is
almost certainly what the user will base their selection on, and it
looks a lot nicer than "printer/Epson-ActionLaser_1100".

I quite like the idea of being able to expand such an entry to give more
info, though.

Alex

--
KDE: http://www.kde.org