[Kde-print-devel] changes in poster.c

Cristian Tibirna tibirna at kde.org
Mon Feb 20 13:13:13 CET 2006

> > I found you as maintainer of the poster program under
> > http://directory.fsf.org/poster.html. I worked with the
> > poster program recently and made some changes that fitted my
> > needs. I send these changed to you so that you can take them
> > over into the official release if you think they are useful.

Thank you. I will look at them as soon as I find a few moments, if you send
them to me (the patch was absent from the mail to which I answer).

> > It wasn't quite easy for me to find the latest source files.
> > I took poster-20050907, but I'm still not quite sure I really
> > got the latest ones. Maybe version numbering and a hint where
> > to find the latest official sources in the README file would
> > be helpful?

These are indeed the latest sources as far as I am able to tell. Of course the
code is licenced free and anyone might have taken it and create a new
version, but what is recommended to use with kdeprint will (almost surely)
always be posted on printing.kde.org.

> > To the paper formats: the B formats in poster.c described the
> > japanese JI B formats. I changed the paper sizes to the
> > international ISO B formats.

Must leave in place an explicit JI B format then. And must pay attention to
backward compat. So, perhaps better than changing formats, leave the old as
it was and add ISO B as a new choice.

--
Cristian Tibirna
KDE developer .. tibirna at kde.org .. http://www.kde.org