[Kde-print-devel] Report of Linux Printing Summit.Part1:observations

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Thu Apr 20 09:17:44 CEST 2006

> > Well, under Windows, the printer-specific properties dialog
> is usually
> > part of the driver,
>
> Yes, I know this. And while accepting it does justice to the
> printer, I believe it doesn't do so to the user. Users are
> very easily confused by 10 kinds of printing dialogs in an
> environment with many printers (education, corporate).

I'm probably not one of those users ;-)
Here, I was only talking about the printer properties dialog. While
the same global UI concept (a tabbed view or whatever) can be used
for all kind of printers, the actual content is printer-specific
and/or driver-specific. I doubt you can go farer than a bare tree-view
if you want to keep a common UI for any printer.

But that's just my opinion (and it's most probably not shared).

Michael.