[Kde-print-devel] Report of Linux Printing Summit. Part1:observations

Goffioul Michael goffioul at imec.be
Wed Apr 19 16:28:10 CEST 2006

> > > - a technology for framework agnostic printer driver
> > > plugins/extensions for the printing dialog
> >
> > Is this about the possibility for the driver to customize the UI of
> > the printing/driver dialog, in the way it is done under Windows?
>
> I don't know about the similarity to windows, but yes.

Well, under Windows, the printer-specific properties dialog is usually
part of
the driver, hence developped by the printer manufacturer, using a UI
that is
really made for the printer: having experienced the use a the same
high-end
printer under Linux and Windows, the specific UI under Windows is much
more
user-friendly than a bare tree list with dozens of options (from a user
point-of-view,
"y'a pas photo" :-).

Michael.