advert on webcvs

Andreas Pour pour at mieterra.com
Wed Feb 25 22:54:56 CET 2004

"Aaron J. Seigo" wrote:

[ ... ]

> > Sure we most probably want them (not that we have any influence on their
> > existance).  But why must they then have *.kde.org aliases?
>
> they don't have to, but it's nice to support our community, which we are a
> part of. so.. it's nice to support ourselves and it's preferable to being
> inflexible stodgy sticks-in-the-mud which doesn't reflect well on us nor help
> build our community up.

A compromise might be:  redirect from the kde.org domain to the actual domain.

My personal opinion is - and I think I was totally consistent with this w/
KDE.com - is if KDE does not control it - i.e., it is not in KDE's CVS - then it
should not have a kde.org domain name.

So if someone types in themes.kde.org, it is OK to redirect them to
kde-themes.org.  KDE can even advertise themes.kde.org on its own websites, but
should make clear to the third party that KDE may at some point in the future
redirect it elsewhere, create its own site, or stop redirecting it altogether.

[ ... ]

Ciao,

Dre