violation of GPL for solaris binaries

David Faure faure at kde.org
Mon Nov 3 10:44:11 CET 2003

On Monday 03 November 2003 01:07, Scott Wheeler wrote:
> On Monday 03 November 2003 0:46, Stefan Teleman wrote:
> > That would be very cool to do -- put all the forte fixes in HEAD. It
> > is a lot of work, but i love doing it. It would also make my life
> > much easier for subsequent releases, because i would not have to
> > re-apply all the forte fixes from scratch.
>
> Ok, sysadmin folks -- do you see something for Stefan in the backlogs?
No, he didn't write to us. As I said in my previous mail: Olaf threw sysadmin
into the mix, but it was never question of sysadmin in the first place.

> Could someone just take a look to see if there's something around there?  If not
> I'm sure you guys can work out the details to get the account created...
I'd like to see patches before creating an account...

> > At the same time i do realize that the core developers might be uneasy
> > about letting me check in source code when they've never seen my code
> > (well ok, maybe they've seen the Sun binaries, does that count :-)
> > So, if you would like to have some temporary area where i can check
> > them in the beginning, instead of slamming them directly into HEAD,
> > that's cool too.
>
> That's what core-devel is for.  If there's a patch that you're not comfortable
> just committing, send it there to get someone to look over it.

Exactly. Please send the patches to kde-core-devel - or if they're too big,
send them to me and I'll put them up on a website, to people to read them.