FLA

Marc Mutz kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Thu, 06 Feb 2003 15:39:06 +0100

--Boundary-02=_KOnQ+cOHNCFDrRU

On Thursday 06 February 2003 14:23, Waldo Bastian wrote:
<snip>
> I don't think KDE e.v. is currently equiped to handle such situation
> either. If you look at how long it takes to get anywhere with the
> trademark registration...
>
> If you are concerned about enforcement of your license then I think
> that assigning your copyright to the FSF is a more viable
> alternative. At least at this point in time.
<snip>

But at the point in time when KDE e.V. is ready to handle this, we'd get=20
the same problem again: Everyone has to re-contract with the KDE e.V.

I'd instead propose to contract with the KDE e.V. and let the e.V.=20
choose who _actually_ handles this. This could be the FSFE, this is=20
allowed by the FLA (at least that's my reading of paragraph 4).

Marc

=2D-=20
It's good fortune for the government that the masses don't think.
                                                         -- Adolf Hitler