FLA

Waldo Bastian kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Thu, 6 Feb 2003 14:23:22 +0100

On Thursday 06 February 2003 13:43, Marc Mutz wrote:
> But the most important part of the picture is IMO that if we get to know
> about a (L)GPL violation w.r.t. KDE code, all we can do currently is to
> hope that any of the individual contributors would resort to taking
> legal action. Not that likely, isn't it, given the (financial) risks
> and the amount of time and money involved to prepare a injunction or
> whatever it takes to respond officially to the violation.

I don't think KDE e.v. is currently equiped to handle such situation either.
If you look at how long it takes to get anywhere with the trademark
registration...

If you are concerned about enforcement of your license then I think that
assigning your copyright to the FSF is a more viable alternative. At least at
this point in time.

Cheers,
Waldo
--