Adding a page for companies offering commercial support

Waldo Bastian bastian at kde.org
Wed Apr 16 22:41:34 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 16 April 2003 17:01, Daniel Molkentin wrote:
> Moin!
>
> I made a page which lists (mostly yet to aquire ;) companies that offer
> support for KDE in the sense that they do consulting or extending KDE to
> fit a companies needs (aka solution provider).

I think this is criteria A

> First I tried to make sure to find a reasonable rule to decide what
> qualifies a company to appear on this page. I came up with the following
> definition:
>
> A company qualifies by either contributing to KDE on a regular basis or by
> having successfully done a project incorporating the developer community
> (i.e. work together with application maintainers).

And I think this is criteria B.

I think it is ok to list companies that meet (A && B) but I think you should
keep those criteria together. So the header should say that it is a list of
companies who provide KDE related services (A) and who work in close
cooperation with the KDE project (B).

Otherwise you would be implying that B is necessary for A, which I don't think
is the case.

I do think that B is an important criteria for KDE for two reasons: a) It
means that this company is actually helping to make KDE better. b) It means
that we have at least _some_ insight in the quality of the work produced by
this company.

Cheers,
Waldo