KDE e.V. transparency (was: Re: Voting rights - the GNOME way)

Andreas Pour kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 05:08:31 -0600

Vadim Plessky wrote:

[ ... ]

> Andreas, what do you propose?
> Move KDE e.V.to Switzerland, and make HQ in Geneva, close to United nations
> building? :-)
> Seriously:  I understand your concerns quite well.
> I have the same kind of thoughts.
> To travel to Germany, I need German visa. And to get visa, I need inventation.
> I am not sure wether KDE e.V. can *invite* someone to Germany, as you
> (probbaly) need to be registered in some ministries (Ministry of Foreign
> Affairs?), etc.

What would be appropriate is an organization that permits meetings to happen the
way everything else with KDE happens:  over the Internet.  Thus any jurisdiction
that permits this to happen - such as a Delaware corp. - would be OK.

[ ... ]

Ciao,

Dre