Voting rights - the GNOME way

Harri Porten kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Sat, 23 Nov 2002 17:23:41 +0100 (CET)

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Navindra Umanee wrote:

> Like Vadim, as soon as you start talking about elections, I have bad
> nightmares!  Let's please not turn into a political circus like the
> Debian project or the GNOME Foundation...

Do you have personal experience with either of them ? I'd be curious learn
about them.

> I do like the way things seem to sort themselves out right now.  It's
> like a refined model of the Linux kernel development model except that
> the local dictators have much more power and the global dictator, if
> there's ever one, isn't much of one at all except when totally
> necessary.

Things mostly go their way in peaceful without indeed.

But let's look at the trademark for example. We need a legal entity to own
the trademark and that is one of the reasons why KDE e.V. was founded. Who
should be a member in this organization, though ? Keep in mind that
posession of the trademark brings with it the power over and
responsibility for the content on www.kde.org and assignment of @kde.org
mail aliases for example.

Harri.