This list (was: Security Policies)

Dirk Mueller kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Tue, 12 Nov 2002 16:59:47 +0100

On Die, 12 Nov 2002, David Faure wrote:

> > Did I understand it right that this list is for discussion upon policies of
> > KDE e.V ?
> No. IMHO it should be all policies affecting KDE development.
> Like those for which I tried starting a discussion: who gets a kde.org address,
> how do we elect a release dude, etc. The existing "KDE packaging" policy
> could have been done here if this list existed at the time. And then the
> security policies belongs here.

a good policy would be need about what is part of KDE (again yeah old
story).

Because I conveniently put the quanta tarball into the kde rc subdir and now
I got an email from the kdevelop/gideon guys asking why gideon isn't listed
as being part of KDE. Note that I haven't considered quanta being part of
kde either, its just released together with kde as they can benefit from the
announcing stuff this way without wasting time.

I haven't started discussing on this matter yet as there were always other
things to do but it is an issue to solve before 3.1 final goes out.

any input interested

--
Dirk (received 374 mails today)