Thoughts on when to put/remove applications to/from CVS

Michael Brade kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Thu, 19 Dec 2002 00:19:50 +0100

--Boundary-02=_WKQA++SaPsXnFBX

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 23:50, Neil Stevens wrote:
> In general, though, I don't see how a relatively small, unassuming niche
> app can hurt to be in the release.  Or to use a formulation like yours, if
> the number of complaints multiplied by the number of compressed bytes is
> small, and the app otherwise meets standards, then it's safe to stay/be
> included. :-)
Agreed. After all we are not discussing to remove apps but to define polici=
es=20
for which apps to add to the "core" CVS in the future. My example about=20
removing an app was just to turn thinking the other way round for the case=
=20
where one says "well, it doesn't hurt so let's include it".

=2D-=20
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'
  =C2=B0--web: http://www.kde.org/people/michaelb.html

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience

--Boundary-02=_WKQA++SaPsXnFBX

--Boundary-02=_WKQA++SaPsXnFBX--