Thoughts on when to put/remove applications to/from CVS

Michael Brade kde-policies@mail.kde.org
Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:36:45 +0100

--Boundary-02=_9hPA+PSHFgn/xM2

On Wednesday 18 December 2002 18:13, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 18 December 2002 06:25, Michael Brade wrote:
> > 9: the app should be targeted at many people (a negative example:
> > kpovmodeler)
>
> how many is many? if kpovmodeler targets many/most of the artists out
> there, but it happens that most KDE users aren't artists, then does it
> target enough people?
Mmh. I tend to say no. That's because every specialized app targets many/mo=
st=20
of the people woring in this specialized area; like, e.g., an app to edit=20
video streams targets many/most of the people doing video cutting.

> i think Quanta has found a good middling ground by following and being
> included in KDE releases, but being in it's own cvs module.
[...]
> perhaps there should be a policy regarding those types of important and
> KDE-compliant, but large and non-mainstream applications such as Quanta a=
nd
> KPovModeler.
Yes. I'd suggest an own module for such apps, too.

Another thought: if an app is considered basic functionality and needed by=
=20
most of the KDE users to get their daily work done then include it in the=20
core modules.

=2D-=20
Michael Brade;                 KDE Developer, Student of Computer Science
  |-mail: echo brade !#|tr -d "c oh"|s\e\d 's/e/\@/2;s/$/.org/;s/bra/k/2'
  =B0--web: http://www.kde.org/people/michaelb.html

KDE 3: The Next Generation in Desktop Experience

--Boundary-02=_9hPA+PSHFgn/xM2

--Boundary-02=_9hPA+PSHFgn/xM2--